Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We help companies—particularly B2B SaaS businesses—grow by making great content that their audience loves.
Part of that work involves digging deep into tech world trends and translating your insights into compelling, authoritative content that sophisticated readers can trust. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for people with a passion for technology, business, data, and storytelling to join our team.
In this role, you will use your analytical and narrative abilities to take data from both Animalz customers and public sources and turn it into original, insightful, long-form content.
An ideal Tech & VC Writer at Animalz:
- has a strong understanding of the venture capital landscape, fundraising, and startups
- is a voracious reader and rigorous researcher who can synthesize large amounts of new information quickly and turn into clearly distilled takeaways
- has a deep understanding of distribution channels like Twitter, Hacker News, LinkedIn, and Reddit— and a track record of producing successful content for those channels
- has a minimum of 2-3+ years of experience pitching, writing, editing, and publishing long-form content (1,500+ words) on deadline
- is knowledgeable and curious about modern tech and business trends, such as direct-to-consumer retail, software-as-a-service, and consumerization of the enterprise
- has a background in tech, VC, startups, or related field
- can independently generate original, insightful content ideas that help our customers achieve their goals
- is able to take feedback from editors and revise their work on a tight schedule
- has experience using data to tell a story and strong Excel/Google Sheets skills to match
We’re a remote team with a home base in NYC and team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company.
About the Position:
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) remote position. Although we applaud and encourage pursuing your passion projects, we want to make it clear that this is NOT a freelance/part-time position you can do in tandem with other major professional or academic endeavors.
- Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and can schedule overlap with Pacific Time business hours when needed for customer calls.
- Health insurance, covering 80% of the premium for health and 99% for vision and dental
- 20 paid days off per year (including holidays)
- Unlimited sick and personal days
- Parental leave for both primary (up to 12 weeks) and secondary (up to 6 weeks) care providers
- Monthly health and wellness stipend (for gym subscription or other physical activity)
- Monthly team lunch stipend to enjoy lunch with a friend or coworker
- Learning opportunities through internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences
What's it like to work at Animalz?
Join us for an hour-long webinar where we discuss careers, growth, and culture at Animalz. We'll make sure to leave time to answer all your questions.
Grab a seat here. We'd love to have you on a call!